Welcome to our monthly newsletter!
This month, our newsletter includes:
- Techstars Startup weekend
- Accelerating Commercialisation Drop In sessions
We want this newsletter to be valuable for you, so we appreciate if you can share your feedback and suggestions to help us improve.
Techstars Startup Weekend @ Bundaberg Generator
Bundaberg Techstars Startup Weekend April 16-18
It is not too late to register for this amazing face-to-face event!
The best news is that you don’t actually have to have your own idea to participate. You will be able to join a pitch team and learn how to get an idea from concept to launch. For existing business owners, this is the ideal immersion exercise to learn the skills you need to launch a new idea in your business, or to develop a new service offering or product line.
Choose from a Startup Weekend Pass, a Masterclass Pass or join us for the Pitch night dinner.
The full program can be found on the event website.
Location/Venue: The Generator, Bundaberg.
Date/Time: Friday 16 April 7pm to Sunday 18 April 10pm.
This event is proudly supported by Regional Startup Hubs Support Program from Advance Queensland and the Queensland Government.
FAQ – Techstars Startup Weekend
What is Techstars Startup Weekend?
Startup Weekend is a three-day program where aspiring entrepreneurs can experience startup life. In hundreds of cities around the world. The mission of Techstars Startup Weekend is to teach and promote entrepreneurship and build, strengthen, and empower communities through experiential learning. Startup Weekend participants build diverse teams, work on their ideas and pitches, and collaborate with like-minded, innovative, driven, and passionate individuals.
Why attend Techstars Startup Weekend?
- Startup Weekend provides an experiential learning experience. We don’t spend the weekend lecturing you.
- We provide a safe, supportive environment. Participants can feel comfortable taking risks, testing their ideas, and pushing themselves to accomplish their goals. During the weekend, you will be joined by other passionate and driven individuals.
- The final pitching competition creates excitement, stimulates healthy competitiveness, and emulates the experience of pitching for funding as a startup. Our prizes help winning teams pursue further building of their businesses.
- We provide access to quality mentors who are influential industry and subject matter experts, keen to support the local entrepreneurial ecosystem by providing feedback and guidance to teams.
- You’ll hear from the facilitator, Baden U’ren, an entrepreneur who has had valuable experiences to share with you and inspire you as you get started.
- We provide the framework and tools for your learning experience. You’ll work on a minimum viable product, incorporating principles of the lean canvas and going out to do real market research.
- We take care of the food, while you concentrate on bringing your idea to life.
What happens at the Startup weekend?
Beginning with Friday night pitches, the event continues through brainstorming, business plan development, and basic prototype creation, culminating in Sunday night demos and presentations.
Participants create working startups during the event and are able to collaborate with like-minded individuals outside of their daily networks. All teams hear talks by industry leaders and receive valuable feedback from local entrepreneurs. The weekend is centered around action, innovation, and education.
Get a Startup Weekend Pass and experience the Startup journey for only $53 or a discount Student Pass for only $27.
Startup Weekend – The Masterclass Pass
Are you too busy to attend the entire weekend?
Get the Masterclass Pass and join us for up to three sessions with Baden U’ren for only $38.
Masterclasses on offer:
- How to sell before you have something to sell: The art of persuasion. Saturday April 17 at 11:30am.
- The Future of Commerce: Business has changed but how? Come and hear about global trends that are changing the business world today. Saturday April 17 at 5pm.
- How to Pitch and Influence People. Sunday April 18 at 10:30am.
Accelerating Commercialisation Drop In Sessions
Liz can provide you with initial guidance and feedback if you would like to apply for the Accelerating commercialisation Grant. She can also refer you to other government assistance suitable to your business.
Book a free session with Liz for 29 April 2021 at The Generator Bundaberg at https://signup.zone/ac-at-the-generator.